Thursday, April 23, 2009

Today I have the day off from work, so I'm working on a bunch of Digi-Scrapping commitments.
One of those is the Gotta Orchard progressive scrap, where you are given a couple of rules, and once you commit them to your layout, you can't change them when the next set of rules come out the following week. The challenge is over now, but it was a lot of fun, and of course I scrapped my most favorite subject, Isabella--here is my layout:
Yesterday was an interesting day! I had to teach a class at JoAnn Fabric on making a strip pieced pillow, and due to my previous week screw up, I knew I was only going to have one student. Half an hour into the class, here come 2 ladies for an applique class. Oh dear, the education person at the store told me that she was cancelling the class, but never bothered to officially cancel it, so I ended up teaching 2 entirely different classes at the same time! Of course, since I didn't know I was teaching the applique class, I was completely unprepared. It was super interesting, because the first student was not a quilter, and needed a lot of supervision. But all 3 of the women were gracious about the mix-up, and somehow I managed to teach both topics. Not as thoroughly as I would have liked, but I think it went ok. Once I got home, though, the wine box was tapped!

No comments: